Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pete Townshend - 1974-04-14 - London (first solo show)


Pete Townshend
1974-04-14
Roundhouse, London, UK
Audience Recording, Good Quality
New! Now available in Lossless (FLAC) version in addition to Mp3 @ 192 kbps
Artwork Included

Here's a little gem for you, also from the mid-seventies, the first solo gig ever from from Pete Townshend. Pete presents a fascinating and fairly casual show using electric and acoustic guitars, piano, some synthesizer tapes and the original 'My Generation' demos as he ran through a set that included several early Who classics like 'Substitute', 'Behind Blue Eyes', 'Pinball Wizard', and 'Magic Bus' (with one lyric cleverly changed to "...I'm so nervous I guess it shows. Don't say a thing about my great big nose..." for the occasion). The set also featured numerous covers and songs rarely heard by Townshend, such as Jimmy Reed's 'Big Boss Man' and 'Goin to New York', 'If I was A Carpenter', and 'North Country Girl'. This is the complete performance sourced from a private collection, this audience recording is of better quality than some other previous sources. Although far from perfect, it's quite good and a highly listenable audience recording, capturing this unique show and great performance. A must-have for any fan of the Who and Townshend.

01 The Seeker
02 Big Boss Man
03 Substitute
04 Amoreuse
05 If I Were A Carpenter
06 Happy Jack
07 Tattoo
08 Join My Gang
09 Behind Blue Eyes
10 Goin' To New York (New York City Blues)
11 My Generation Demos I + II
12 North Country Girl
13 Corrina Corrina
14 No Face No Name No Number
15 Let's See Action
16 Pinball Wizard
17 See Me Feel Me
18 My Generation I
19 Magic Bus
20 My Generation II 
 
New! Now available in Lossless version (Updated 6/30/2021)

4 comments:

rdnzl said...

I have a concert by "The Who house of Blues" 1999 CD 1 + 2. If you want to.

La Piazza Gancio said...

I somehow missed this when first posted.

But it looks fascinating to this old Who fan.

thenotunnameless@yahoo.com said...

Could you please share this one again?

wardo said...

Thanks for keeping this up when I needed it!