Friday, April 13, 2012

Four Years On


Another B-day for 'BB' 

Well, here we are once again. This week marks 4 full years since I started this little blog endeavor. And, although this past year has been filled with much turmoil and immense challenges for myself and anyone running this kind of music blog (we are still trying to somewhat recover from the devastation of the megaupload disaster and its ramifications), me and the blog are still here, and hopefully going strong, whereas many others have disappeared recently. More importantly, in many other ways this past year has been the most rewarding and quite possibly, the best year yet for the blog. More than ever before, you the blog readers and supporters have been responding and providing new music, insight, and fresh content for me and this blog, and has enabled me to feature some great new things (like previously unavailable recordings and info) that are not available anywhere else, and that may not have surfaced for others to enjoy if iw wasn't for this small outpost for music lovers. And for that, I heartily thank you the followers of this blog, and especially those that have given (or offered to give) back to me or the blog through their own unique music collections and recordings. Of course you are already aware of the unique and incredible offerings that have been made possible by our taper friend David M, but there are many others (like David Bailey, Rob Bishop, Joe Coughlan, Stephan Soppa, Geoff (oxonbhoy), and Barry Bartlett to name just a few more) that have also taken the time and effort to share what they have and contribute, which has been a great boon to the blog. And their (as well as other) contributions will continue. So again, thanks so much. Once again, I also feel obliged to thank and celebrate all the others out there who have made so much of this great music, which is not available for purchase anywhere, freely available to all who wish to download and enjoy it. I am only able to offer these downloads because others before me have made them available. So, to all the other bloggers, forum posters, and music fans that have collected these recordings and made them available over the internet, as well as to all the great artists and musicians out there that allow these recordings to be freely exchanged, I offer a huge and heartfelt Thank You.

As for the future of the blog, well I will continue as best I can on the limited basis that I have (and I have some great stuff coming soon). I very much enjoy doing it (and receive much in back in return), but just have a very limited time to devote to it. So, please be patient, as it may take me some time to get around to posting things, etc. But I will always strive to provide new and interesting content that is generally not available from the other usual music blogs. But, be forewarned that with the tenuous nature of the current filesharing situation, we could easily be shutdown or rendered linkless at any time (If Mediafire is taken down - and they are being targeted by MPAA - that would probably end the downloading here, as I don't think I am up to re-re-posting everything yet again). Note: For those that are missing the Lossless file links, sorry, but it has been difficult getting those back online with the current state of filesharing (Although I have put some on Depositfiles, I'm not really that happy with their service [speed and availability], and am reluctant to load much on there).

Anyway, no big deal (well, actually, 4 years is a pretty big deal), just wanted to acknowledge our big fourth anniversary here 'BB Chronicles'.  

11 comments:

wardo said...

As I may have mentioned, I don't sample everything you post, but I always enjoy reading each entry. Hang in there.

tylerw said...

keep up the great work! i've enjoyed a ton of music from this blog.
tyler, http://doomandgloomfromthetomb.tumblr.com

speedymjb said...

Congratulations on 4 yeas! Well done!

bglobe313 said...

Hi,

Great blog. Thanks so much for all of the great music.

Not that I would WANT you to, but feel free to stop anytime if this becomes too much of a hassle. You have already offered more than anyone could expect.

Best,

Ace K.

Michael Arthur said...

Thanks for all the great music and perseverance....

Major Pepperidge said...

Hi, I just discovered your blog today, and it is FANTASTIC. Thank you so much for the amazing selection of rare live music!

sealy said...

Thanks as always for all the music. Much appreciated

synonymicious said...

Congratulations! After all, four blog years is equivalent to 21 human years. Or is that dog?

FurryBootsCityBoy said...

A belated Happy Birthday to a great music blog

ate2zee said...

It's our good fortune that you've celebrated four years. Thanks for all you've done. I really enjoy your blog.

ujule-rachid said...

muchas gracias por todo...