Monday, May 27, 2013

Genesis - 1974-04-21 - PRRP-SAE-004 - Montreal, Canada

GENESIS
April 21, 1974
University Sports Centre, Montreal, Canada
PRRP-SAE-004 - 'A Classic Broadcast Revisited '

FM Broadcast recording (remastered), very good quality
Available in both Lossless (FLAC) and mp3 (320 kbps) versions

Here's another classic Genesis bootleg, this one generally considered to be the best available recording from the Selling England By The Pound Tour (1974). Thus, this is one of my favorite Genesis shows, since this was my favorite tour and featured so many of my favorite Genesis songs, including 'Watcher of the Skies', 'Cinema Show', 'I Know What I Like', 'Firth of Fifth', and the original full live epic odyssey of 'Supper's Ready' (If only they would have included the sensational but rarely played 'Can Utility and the Coastliners'). Anyway, here it is, another essential show from the classic progressive period and lineup of Genesis, truly wonderful, for those that don't already have this live masterpiece.

Tracklist
1-1. Watcher Of The Skies 8:54
1-2. Story Of Britannia 1:45
1-3. Dancing With The Moonlit Knight 8:51
1-4. Story Of Romeo and Juliet 1:59
1-5. The Cinema Show 11:18
1-6. I Know What I Like 6:29
1-7. Story Of Five Rivers 1:25
1-8. Firth Of Fifth 10:01
1-9. The Story Of Henry and Cynthia 1:52
1-10. The Musical Box 11:03
1-11. Horizons 2:13
2-1. The Battle Of Epping Forest 12:47
2-2. The Story Old Michael 3:02
2-3. Supper's Ready 24:37
2-4. CHOM-FM Radio Intro/Station Identification/Sign Off 0:48

Genesis
Peter Gabriel- Lead Vocals- Flute and Percussion
Tony Banks- Keyboards- 12 String and Backing Vocals
Mike Rutherford- Bass Guitars, Bass Pedals, Guitars and Backing Vocals
Steve Hackett- Lead Guitars and Effects
Phil Collins- Drums- Percussion and Backing Vocals

FLAC - Genesis - 1974-04-21 - PRRPSAE-04_Montreal

mp3 - Genesis_1974-04-21_PRRPSAE-004_Montreal_mp3.rar

7 comments:

mf76 said...

So cool, thank you so much. Stellar blog!

Narrow Dog said...

I don't have this, many thanks. I know there are a lot of bands to cover, but could we have this 'best of' as a regular feature.

Paul Redbeard said...

Have just discovered your blog! It's tremendous!
Best wishes
Paul

EzequieL said...

Thanks!

A-Mfan said...

I heard this is a must have. Thank you for posting it here.

Unknown said...

Thank you...just like to say I love your selection of music, really interesting and I enjoy reading the commentaries. I have downloaded some terrific shows from your site, now just great to also have this show. I do have the PRRP audience recording of this tour from New York...which is fantastic, so looking forward to hearing this SB. This is one of my favourite tours and albums by the band...cheers.

Capt Jack said...

I grabbed this one too. Thanks so much!