Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Six Years of 'Chron'

Six Years on the Blog...


While we have been boppin' and rockin' to Rockpile over the past week, this blog, the BB Chronicles, has reached another milestone. It has now been 6 whole years since I started this little musical venture. That's right, we just reached our 6th Anniversary. Now, that may not be much in terms of music  history (most of the music posted here is way older than that), but for this type of music blog, that's quite a long time. So many other very fine sites have come and gone in that time, but this little outpost is still here, with most all of the music I've ever posted still available. Anyway, just wanted to acknowledge that before moving on. We have faced several challenges over the past few years, including having all of my links and uploaded files deleted three separate times (due to closure of filesharing sites, crackdown on potentialcopyright infringement, etc.), but the blog has persevered and right now virtually all of the posts are available once again (however tenuous that may be). Currently, Zippyshare seems to be working very well, has many advantages (fast, multiple downloads, etc.), but also some disadvantages (200MB size limit, only 30-day storage). I thought that the 30-day limit (any file not downloaded over a period of 30 days would be deleted) would be a major headache, especially for some of the older posts, but actually, I have been quite pleased and surprised that most of the files (even the older ones) still get downloaded pretty regularly. There have only been a handful that have had to be re-upped due to non-use. So, it has been very nice to see that these posts still see fairly regular activity even long after they were originally posted. Of course, this has been and will to continue to be a small, personal undertaking, where I try to provide insight, information, commentary, and links to unreleased music content for artists that I feel deserve to be heard and appreciated by more people. In that sense, I do believe that we have something at least a little bit special here, and hopefully, people like what they find here and will keep checking back. so, thanks to all those that do stop by and check things out, and to all those who comment, interact, and provide feedback and more to me. 

And once again, as I have each year at this time, I also want to take this time to thank and celebrate all the others out there who have made so much of this great music, which is not available for purchase anywhere, freely available to all who wish to download and enjoy it. I am only able to offer these downloads because others before me have made them available. So, to all the other bloggers, tapers, forum posters, and music fans that have collected these recordings and made them available over the internet, as well as to all the great artists and musicians out there that allow these recordings to be freely exchanged, I offer a huge and heartfelt Thank You.

As for the future of the blog, well, at least for the time being, it will continue pretty much as it has been, that is, on the same limited basis (one or two posts a week, tops). I very much enjoy doing it, but just have a very limited time I can devote to it. So, please be patient, as it may take me some time to get around to posting things, etc. But I will always strive to provide new and interesting content that is generally not available from the other usual music blogs. Frankly, though, I don't really know how long this will be able to continue, but I'll keep it going while I can. I will make my same usual complaint, however, and that is that I do wish I could get more comments, feedback, and discussion from you, the readers of this blog. Please, let me know what you think of what is here, provide your own insight and perspective, and some real discussion of some of this great music. i would love to hear and see more from you, if possible.

Coming right up will be even more from Rockpile (as they have been very well-received), as well as some more of the 'pub rock' bands, as I continue with that feature, and hopefully much more interesting stuff over the next several months.  



...and I'll be posting more tonight!

11 comments:

lennon said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
We wish you many more years
Greetings from Uruguay!!!
We'll wait for you in http://abbeyroadcostaazul.blogspot.com
You'll be welcome

furnguy said...

congrats

stguinn said...

Congratulations. I enjoy the site a lot. Best wishes.

blureu said...

Congrats! Love the site.

stewrat said...

Thank you for continuing to share amazing music. Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to create and then keep this amazing site going. Well done!

Pete said...

Many thanks. I appreciate these a lot (usually, and those I dont love are interesting). And take your time — we need to spend time with them too!

Unknown said...

Congrats!
Long may you run!
I stumbled on the site by accident during your year two and it has always been a terrific place for me.

La Piazza Gancio said...

Hey BB, been setting up a new computer and haven't been making the rounds until today.

Happy Anniversary (and thank you)!

Dennis said...

Congrats, you do a GREAT job here, it is always on my list of sites to go see what is new at! :-)

MrQwerty said...

Wonderful blog - thinks - long may you continue :-)