Sunday, March 20, 2016

Badfinger - 1972-04-07 - Cowtown Ballroom, Kansas City, MO

Badfinger
April 7, 1972
Cowtown Ballroom, Kansas City, MO

FM Broadcast recording, very good quality
Available in both Lossless (FLAC) and Mp3 (320 kbps) versions

Here's some live Badfinger, from their 1972 American tour, following the success of Straight Up and their hit singles 'Day After Day' and 'Baby Blue' . Although there are a lot of low quality recordings of Badfinger shows available out there, there are really very few really good or high quality recordings of them live, which is a shame because you really need to hear them live to fully appreciate their music. Well, this is one of the best of the unofficial recordings available (their official release BBC In Concert 1972-73 album is probably the best overall live recording of them). First thing you notice about their live shows, is that they are far more 'rock 'n roll' than you might expect, and Pete Ham's lead guitar is prominent and stunning. The source of this tape is reportedly from Badfinger member Joey Molland himself, who made it available for the first time in 1996. Enjoy some rollicking Badfinger live.

Tracklist:
1. Better Days
2. Midnight Sun
3. Sometimes
4. Sweet Tuesday Morning
5. We're For The Dark
6. Feelin' Alright
7. Take It All
8. Suitcase
9. Day After Day
10. No Matter What (end cut - tape flip?)
11. Love Me Do/Lucille/Rip It Up/Long Tall Sally
encores:
12. I Can't Take It
13. Only You Know And I Know

mp3: Badfinger_1972-04-07_Kansas City_mp3.rar

FLAC: Badfinger_1972-04-07_Kansas City_FLAC.rar

4 comments:

david said...

I was lucky enough to see these guys live at the Leroy Theater in Pawtucket, R.I., and was really surprised at how loud they were and how much they rocked. They were a really good live band, and would recommend this show. Wish I still had the tape I made that night of them !

Unknown said...

I am very sure I was at this very concert. I was ~2nd-3rd grade. Parents just divorced and we were visiting my dad, who had a hot young girlfriend who I think may have worked at Cowtown, cause she got us in. Here I am, like 10 years old, standing right in front of the stage. I was right in front of the lead singer. It was my first rock and roll experience and I went through the industry myself for 20 years. Amazing. Any pictures would be amazing. I would be mind-blown if I was in any. I was literally, right in fronnt. I could have kicked the singer's foot :p

Miguel Correa said...

Agradecido.

A-Mfan said...

Thank you. Not many Badfinger shows around it seems. This is a good one.